OUR CAPTIVE HEARTS HOME
- Captive Hearts is a six-month to one-year Christ centered 12 step ministry that provides a safe home for women to bring healing to compulsive/destructive behaviors caused by trauma, various addictions, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- Captive Hearts works with and provides transportation to Behavioral Health Services (Mental Health, Drug, & Alcohol Services), medical doctors, psychologists, 12-step meetings, court, and all other county resources to ensure our applicants get the best, individualized care they need. (Appointments outside a 30-mile radius may require personal transportation.)
- Personal individualized care.
PROGRAM-BASED ACTIVITIES & SERVICES
Individual life skills and process groups addressing the following:
- Safe Coping Skills
- Anger Management
- Grief Recovery
- Compulsive Relationships
- Effective Communication
- ACE (Overcoming a Difficult Childhood)
- Domestic Violence
- Biblical Studies
- Transportation to 12-step Recovery Meetings, who work on steps with applicants (N/A & AA meetings) - minimum of 5 meetings per week.
- Transportation to individual counseling with Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (optional)
- Parent Connection of SLO – Parenting Coach, (M.A.), works once a week with our applicants who are mothers. This service continues after graduation.
- America’s Job Center – Prepare for and gain employment. Applicants learn to create resume’s, cover letters and how to interview. Also assists with Housing applications and personal grants for people re-entering the workforce.
- Sew N Chat – Clients learn to sew as well as make other items such as granola, lotions, and candles.